Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Fall is here!! Yay! I love fall baking so let’s get started! I took this recipe from a magazine and made few changes to cut on grams of fat and calories from sugar! The recipe was successful! Tested by my Hospitality class, my teacher: Chef Lee and most important: My hubby!!





 
I’m guessing it will work as muffins too!
Ingredients:
-          3 ½ Cup of All Purpose flour
-          1 Tbsp. of baking powder
-          2 Tsp of baking soda
-          1 tsp salt
-          2 tsp of cinnamon
-          1 tsp of nutmeg
-          1 tsp of ground all spice
-          1 ½ cup of Splenda for Baking
-          ¾ cup of egg beaters or egg substitute
-          1 XL egg
-          ½ cup of Canola oil
-          ½ cup of low fat buttermilk
-          2/3 cup of water
-          1 can (15oz) of pumpkin puree
-          2tsp of Vanilla extract

1.       Sift together ingredients from flour to nutmeg and reserve in a container.
2.       In a mixer with paddle attachment mix Splenda (or baking sugar substitute), oil, buttermilk, egg and egg substitute.  Beat on medium high until well blended.
3.       Add  water, pumpkin and vanilla and keep  beating at low speed until well blended.
4.       Add the flour mixture to the mixer and beat at low speed until everything looks incorporated. Do not over mix! About 20 strokes should be enough.

Take to loaf pans (9x5in) and coat them with cooking spray! Pour batter over and sprinkle some pecans if you wish, but remember Pecans will add fat to the loaf!
Bake for about 50min at 350®F
Cool in wired rack for 10 min and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Feelin' Froggy...Gotta Jump! said...

Yummy! I think I am going to make these for my family as muffins! Can you do a Zucchini bread? I have a zucchini here that needs to be used! LOL!

Post a Comment